Maybe you have long wanted to learn how to create really good texts, or maybe your work obliges you to do this. In any case, we have collected top books that will help you write interestingly and get inspired.
1. You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One), Jeff Goins
It is not only about how to write but also how to understand that writing is a hard and important mission. The author tells us how to share our thoughts with others in the right way. This book is for everybody from students to professional writers.
- Instruction for beginning writers and people interested in word mastery;
- Show how to use rare figurative expressions;
- Teaches you not to be afraid to be creative when creating serious content.
2. Zen in the Art of Writing, Ray Bradbury
This book is a collection of essays in which the writer shares tips with novice authors. Moreover, these tips are so multifaceted that they not only cover the technical aspects of creating the content but also have an emotional background.
- Gives practical advice for training (for example, write out words or phrases that come to your mind);
- Teaches you how to develop the beauty of speech by reading poetry;
- Discloses the details of writing the stories.
3. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, Stephen King
“The King of Horrors”, whose name is known to the whole world, presented an autobiographical book. He describes difficulties that he had to face on the road to his success. But don’t scroll down, King writes about himself only in the first part. The second part is devoted to those who want to write professionally.
- Contains King’s practical tips for beginning authors;
- Teaches to understand that writing quality content is hard and exhausting work;
- Helps to develop individual writing skills;
- Explains the difference between works and good works.
4. Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within, Natalie Goldberg
If you want your audience to trust you, use not only your mind but feelings. Natalie teaches writers to follow their thoughts and don’t be afraid of feelings using Zen. Her creative methods inspire young writers all over the world.
- Write texts according to plans in order to know exactly where to start and how to end;
- Understand “the language” you need to speak with your audience to get trusted relations;
- Advises using unusual, rare words that will help the reader to feel your information completely and add brightness to your content;
- Instructs the author to analyze his text.
5. Stein On Writing, Sol Stein
“Stein On Writing” is created like a step-by-step guide on how to improve and bolt your craft writing. The author of this book is editor and teacher, so, he really knows a lot about this.
- Advises to write without abstruse expressions;
- Helps the author to identify his thoughts and choose the best one;
- Take into account the structure of the text, break it into paragraphs and headings;
- Helps to understand the basic rules for writing texts about the application, company, personal brand, etc.
There are many more books about writing and we list the best and proven. Remember! You can read a dozen books but it will mean nothing without practice.